Saturday, February 14, 2004

Rollout the Red Carpet

Ladies and Gentlemen, today is the day of the big premier. The “celebs” have primped and prepared themselves for weeks in anticipation of this monumental event. February 14th now not only marks the date on which the most romantic day of the year is celebrated and the date of my birth, but now this special date also marks the birthday of this site. B-Val's Movie Reviews (now Valentine on Film) was born early this morning; from head to toe he measured 1672 kb and he weighed approximately 6 lbs 8 oz. Awww so cute!

For quite some time now, intense thought and planning has been given to rid myself of that elementary-looking and restricting subprofile. I wanted a decent and free forum to house my words in, and the subprofile, being both insanely limited in bandwidth and only viewable to those who had my AOL screen name and those that could check my AIM Buddy Info, was not up to snuff. Not that this blogspot site, with its more-or-less journal format, is ground-breaking, but it is definitely a step up from that tiny window of text that always annoyingly refreshes itself after about a minute of reading.

I hope that this site provides everyone with intelligent and inspiring reviews and thoughts. If my writing provokes you to get up and see a picture, or discourages you from taking the time to see one, I have met my goal. So, let the reels roll, and I hope everyone continues to experience the wonderful escape from reality that is… the world of cinema.

Any critiques on my critiques, questions, comments, or recommendations are more than welcome, and can be sent to bval@comcast.net. If you enjoy what you see, feel free to add me to your favorites list and recommend my link to others.

Special thanks to Todd for sharing his blogger info and for explaining how to start this bad boy up.

~"What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Blog, Blog, Blog!

It's Blog, Blog, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Blog, Blog, it's better than bad, it's good!
Everyone wants a Blog! You're gonna love it, Blog!
Come on and get your Blog! Everyone needs a Blog!"~


© Copyright Brandon Valentine 2004